1. Barna Group, “Most Twentysomethings Put Christianity on the Shelf Following Spiritually Active Teen Years,” http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/16-teennext-gen/147-most-twentysomethings-put-christianity-on-the-shelf-following-spiritually-active-teen-years (accessed January, 10th 2012).
2. Mark Holmen, Church + Home (Ventura, CA: Regal, 2010), 28.
3. George Barna, Transforming Children into Spiritual Champions (Ventura, CA: Regal, 2003), 78.
4. Mark Holmen, Church + Home, 29.
5. Reggie Joiner, Think Orange, 87–88.
6. Reggie Joiner, Think Orange, 91.
7. Mark Holmen, Church + Home, 31.
8. Mark Holmen, Church + Home, 31.
9. Mark Holmen, Church + Home, 86. This chart has been adapted and modified from its original form.
10. Anonymous Quote.
11. Matt Dabbs, Bulletin for the Northwest Church of Christ.
12. Anonymous Quote.
13. Reggie Joiner, Think Orange, 86.
14. Dallas Williard, The Spirit of the Disciplines (New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers, 1991), 3–4.
15. Ron Bruner & Dana Pemberton, Along the Way (Abilene, TX: ACU Press, 2015) Baptism and Children by Jeff W. Childers
Along the Way: Conversations About Children and Faith by Ron Bruner and Dana Pemberton
Spiritual Parenting, by Michelle Anthony
Becoming a Spiritually Healthy Family, by Michelle Anthony
Sacred Parenting, by Gary Thomas
When They Turn Away: Drawing Your Adult Child Back to Christ by Rob Rienow
Parenting Beyond Your Capacity: Connect Your Family to a Wider Community (The Orange Series) by Reggie Joiner
Building the Christian Family You Never Had: A Practical Guide for Pioneer Parents by Mary E. DeMuth
Revolutionary Parenting: Raising Your Kids to Become Spiritual Champions by George Barna