Recently in a sermon I asked the question Why are you here? Sunday a dear sister handed me this answer:
* To praise the God of heaven!
* To show my love and gratitude to Him.
* To be an active part of the living, breathing body of Christ.
* To sing to God with all my heart and soul.
* To demonstrate obedience.
* To partake of the Lord’s supper with my brothers and sisters (in remembrance of the gift).
* To remind me who’s side I’m on.
* To hear a portion of the Word.
* To give to encourage.
Would that everyone examined their hearts in such a thorough fashion. Why are you going to be here Sunday?
Wow - what a Halloween! I’ve already got several reports of members who handed out NW and Faith City information with candy and had some great conversations with neighbors. There was also a lot of bottles of water and cider given out. What a great use of that holiday!
I look forward to seeing you (and some neighbors from Halloween efforts) Sunday.